Probably the second most popular street food after Tteokbokki is Rabokki. It's Ramen noodles with Tteokbokki in spicy sweet spicy Gochujang sauce.
On my IGTV I showed how to make Tteokbokki with rice paper rolls - Check it here. This recipe is similar to that with the addition of ramen noodles!
It's spicy, textures of chewy noodles and rice cakes mixed with cheese and sesame seeds! You keep wanting to go back for more.
- 1/2 carrot, sliced into strips
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
- 250g Korean rice cakes, tteok
- 3 cups water
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons Gochujang, red pepper paste
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/3 tablespoons red chilli powder (optional)
- 1 package Korean instant ramen noodles, Shin Ramen brand,
- 2 scallions, sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 100g mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
Step 1. Heat water in the frying pan, add onion, carrot, garlic, Gochujang, red chilli powder, and soy sauce and let it come to a rapid boil.
Step 2. Once the water is boiling rapidly, add in the tteok and ramen noodles. Cook until the ramen noodles are cooked through, about 5 minutes.
Step 3. Switch off the heat, add the cheese, scallions and sesame seeds.